Rent Boots, Pants & Poles with Free Delivery to the Ship
Though essential for wading in icy waters during Zodiac landings, the proper boots are bulky and heavy. By renting boots, you are guaranteed to have the best boot to stay warm and dry in Antarctica, while gaining space in your luggage. We recommend that all guests either bring their own boots or rent our expedition boots. The rental service includes free delivery to the ship. Please note: A limited number of boots are available on board for emergency situations only.
A waterproof layer is essential for Zodiac transfers ashore. Our rental waterproof pants are also breathable, have side zippers for easy on and off and most importantly, the wide leg fits over the tops of the boots. Trekking poles provide stability while ashore and are highly recommended for anyone who is uneasy walking on uneven and/or slippery surfaces.
About Antarctica Rentals
- Rentals are delivered to and picked up from the ship.
- Available for Antarctica departures roundtrip Ushuaia.
- NEW! Includes the Feb. 28 Ushuaia to Cape Town sailing.
- Place an order up to 30 days before embarkation date.
- Orders 29 - 15 days before sailing accepted but limited sizes are available and poles cannot be guaranteed.
- Orders 14 - 7 days: may be possible through contacting contact us by email.
- Orders 6 days or less: sorry, rentals not possible
- Rental period is per cruise. For back-to-back cruise rentals please contact us to arrange to keep the rentals for the full duration. Rental per cruise and only one deposit will be charged.
- Deposits are processed within 15 business days from disembarkation date
- No refund if rentals are not returned or returned damaged
- Refund will be applied to the credit card used to rent boots and/or poles
- $40 will be deducted from deposit if the provided ShopAntarctica duffel is not returned
Rentals Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation up to 30 days before ship embarkation date: full refund (rental and deposit)
- Cancellation 29 days or less before ship embarkation date: no rental refund (rental not refunded, deposit refunded)
- Promotional discounts cannot be applied to rental deposit
Save Space, Rent Boots
Though essential for wading in icy waters during Zodiac landings, the proper boots are bulky and weigh between 4.5 lbs / 2.5 kgs to 6 pounds / 2.73 kgs. By renting boots, you are guaranteed to have the best boot to stay warm and dry in Antarctica, while gaining space in your luggage for expedition gear and clothing. Free boot delivery to the ship is offered through our Concierge Service.
Rest assured, all boots are sanitized after each rental using products that have been proven to work in U.S. high-end ski resort rentals.
About Zodiac Classic High Boots
Comfortable, insulated boots are essential for expeditions to Antarctica. The Zodiac Classic High Boots are the top recommended boot for Antarctic peninsula expeditions and have been tested in Antarctica by expedition leaders. They are flexible, durable and rated to -40F/-40C degrees so your feet stay warm. We have a full range of womens, mens and childrens' sizes available. Boots are available on board, however, sizes cannot be guaranteed.
The Sustainable Choice
As former expedition staff and avid outdoor enthusiasts, we care deeply about preserving the pristine regions of the planet for the explorers of today and tomorrow. Renting boots is the right environmental choice when they are unlikely to be worn again.Why renting boots is a sustainable choice
Boots are also available for purchase.